Want something a little different on the dessert table this Christmas?
Then try our blueberry cheesecake 🙂
Like what you see? Then join our cake club for free to get loads of recipes and be the first to know of our new launches.
- 300g digestives
- 140g melted butter
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 100g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1tsp cornflour
- 900g cream cheese
- 4tbsp plain flour
- 2tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 200ml soured cream
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a 20x30cm rectangular tin with baking paper.
- Put the biscuits into a food processor (or crush in a bag with a rolling pin) until crumbs, then slowly add in the melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of the tin until flat and even and bake for 10-15 minutes, then leave to cool.
- Put 25g of sugar and the blueberries into a small pan, mix the cornflour with 1tbsp of cold water and add this too. Cook until the sugar has dissolved and its got a thick consistency but is still saucy.
- In a mixer or a large bowl, whisk the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth (it’s important not to mix this mixture too much as you want it to stay quite thick and to stay a light mixture).
- Now add the eggs and soured cream and carefully mix again until these are combined.
- Pour half the mixture on top of the base, then spoon on half the blueberry sauce in blobs. Cover with the remaining cheesecake mixture and make sure it’s nice and smooth, then ripple in the remaining blueberry sauce over the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 110 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave in the oven for 1 hour, then leave for one hour again with the door slightly open. Finally leave to cool at room temperature for at least 3 hours, or over night.
- Now you can slice it up and enjoy!